I've always wanted to go to Jong Ka Jib for a while but I wasn't sure where it was. The other day, a friend of mine knew, so she asked me to go with her. She was also the person who hyped my up and started my obsession with soft tofu bowls.
(Middle Row, 2nd dish onward: Pickled Zucchini, Pickled Radish(?) 3rd row, 1st dish onward: Kimchi/Pickled Chinese Cabbage, Seaweed, Pickled Beansprouts)
Like all Korean restaurants, they start out with banchan (korean side dishes) to open up your appetite. Oh, did I mention the banchan is unlimited?
Friend ordered the Pork Soft Tofu.
Boyfriend got the Kimchi Beef
Seafood for me!
All the soups came with rice cooked in a stone bowl. It is sizzling hot and it doesn't cool down for a while. At the bottom the rice is scorched and taste like crispy crackers.
They also gave out gum when you're done. My boyfriend said that was really clever because when you eat spicy or sour food, your enamels soften so when you chew gums, you produce saliva which helps harden your enamel back. Thoughtful people, I must say.








No comments:
Post a Comment