Wednesday, November 20, 2013

OUTINGS: A Movie & a Dinner

I went to see Ender's Game recently because I really enjoyed reading the book. I even read the sequel and a spin-off featuring Bean (who is also my favorite character)! I haven't watch an actual film in theaters since Prometheus so I was not only excited for the film but actually going to the theater. I also managed to buy another beanie from H&M. I know...my headgear collection keeps expanding.

 Outfit Breakdown:
 Hat - F21  
 Cardigan - H&M  
 Shirt - Pacsun  
 Shorts - Old jeans I cut into shorts  
 Tights - H&M  
 Bag - H&M  
Originally we were going to a sushi place but it was gonna take an hour to get there. We were both famished so we decided to go somewhere close and decided on some Vietnamese food since the both of us haven't had Pho in over a year.
 We wanted to order a crispy roll but we weren't sure whether the spring roll or summer roll was the crunchy one. I said it was the spring roll and he said summer roll so we made a bet. And I was right! Both of them taste great but the rolls were rather small for the cost. I know other places that are bigger in portion for the same price.

My boyfriend order Pho with all the usual meat that goes inside. The meat is pink because its suppose to cook in the broth so no worries.

I wanted to be a bit adventurous and order a Bun Bo Hue? There were two version, one with pig feet and another with beef slices. Luckily I asked what the difference was because I almost ordered the pig feet one. This dish was also crazy spicy. You see that huge puddle of chili oil? WOO-WEE, it was spicy. I had to skim some of it in order to eat it. 

I had a great time. The movie didn't meet my expectation. Visually, it was stunning but the characters lack a bit of depth. The food was good. After dinner, I also went to my boyfriend's dorm and played some Halo. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, came across your blog when I was scrolling through the blogspot tumblr tag. Great blog, just followed! And do check out my blog if you can at daisyjournals.blogspot.com C:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for such a late reply but thank you so much ! I'm really glad you like my blog. I'll make sure to check yours out ! :D

      Delete