Monday, April 30, 2012

FOOD: New Wonjo

There were a lot of similar restaurants in K-town so we had a difficult time choosing a place to eat. But before I start talking about what we ate, there was a little stalker issue? My boyfriend, who sometimes can pass off as Korean was being galked at by a group of girls were probably 15/16 years old. K-Pop (korean pop) and Korean culture is certainly gaining popularity in the States. I found the whole ordeal pretty funny. There was also a pair of girls in a bookstore who were pointing at him from inside the shop. This isn't the first time this has happened. In fact, in school there were some girls who (tried to discreetly) point and mumbled at my boyfriend. I guess I'm a pretty lucky girl.

So onto the food, like I said we have difficulty choosing a place. A zagat-rated sticker was on the door, so I thought, "Heck, why not try it. It's bound to be decent." We were exhausted so we didn't want to risk not fulfilling our bellies. It was lunch hours so it was packed.
From top row going right, Pickled seaweed, picked dried squid, seasoned spinach, pickled daikon, fruit salad, and kimchi.
I ordered the Kimchi Jjiagae and it didn't live up to my expectations. Super sour and there were barely any rice that came along with this dish.
My boyfriend ordered a Lunch Special Combo, which included Bibimbap and a small Seafood Soondubu. The bibimbap was delicious and I wished I ordered that instead. The soondubu was not good at all. Huge disappointment.

The prices were reasonable but certainly not the best Korean food I had. I had a lot of expectations since New York has a bigger Korean community than Philadelphia but I guess that doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment