I have acquired quite of lot of chapsticks and lib balms over the Winter season. I have so much that I thought I should write a review since I used it all the time.
I have tried the EOS balms, Carmex, Avon Basics, Burt's Bee, Softlips and Blistex (not pictured).
Softlips:
The only reason I bought Softlips was because the packaging was so pretty. Wrong mistake here. These are so annoying to apply with if you DON'T have thin lips. I do not have thin lips so it just takes forever to apply and the grip sucks so it's just a messy application all around. I don't recommend this at all.
Burt's Bee (Left):
Burt's Bee in Grapefruit. The scent is very strong and I love it. I'm a sucker for citrus scents. Burt's Bee is pretty good. Its made out of bees' wax so it feels does feel waxy on the lips but you'll get used to it eventually. It also doesn't have that stinging feel that some people look for but it works. These babies come in various scents and are only about $3 a stick.
Avon Basics (Right).
Also waxy but doesnt even compare in benefits. I seem to be reapplying it every 5 minutes and it seem like it doesnt work at all. And the scent smells spicy and medicinal. Steer clear.
Summer Fruit (Red); LemonDrop (Yellow); Honeysuckle Honeydew (Lime)
EOS Lip Balms:
This would be my favorite out of the bunch (if you haven't noticed.) Like the Burt's Bee, it's natural and has a waxy feeling but you'll get used to it. The scent isn't as strong and their scents are more sweet and delicate. The container shape is so unique. It is circular to conform to your lips and the container feels like smooth rubber so it provides a nice grip. The only thing I don't like about this is that there is nothing inside the pot. Once you finish the top, you reach an empty pot and it makes you feel ripped off. But then again contains just as much lip balm as a regular one does.
This would be my emergency lip balm. This is my miracle stick. If my EOS isn't doing it's job then I whip this baby out. Usually, I only have to apply this once and I'm okay for most of the day. I like this a lot better than Blistex because I find that I need to keep applying Blistex. For those who like that burning sensation, this is the one for you. It's also inexpensive. Its about at most $2 at a drugstore. These also come in a pot but I like the tube version because I think its a lot more hygienic and is easier to apply.Ranking for Effectiveness:
1. Carmex
2. EOS Balm
3. Burt's Bee
4. Softlips
5. Avon Basic
Honestly, I would recommend not to use Carmex as your go-to because I think it rather strong so it would be a bad idea to condition your lips with something so potent.

No comments:
Post a Comment