I came across The Face Shop's SMART PEELING Water in Pomegranate and thought I should try it out. It a peeling gel that helps exfoliates the skin. I learned about "peeling" gel last summer when my relatives from Hong Kong stayed with us. This type of gel supposedly break down enzymes from within your skin so its easier to remove all the dead skin cells and impurities making it easier for nourishment to penetrate deeper into your skin.
As you can see it the gel has a looks thick but it spreads like water. If you leave it alone the gel with slide around which I'm guessing is because the formula is working into your skin. There are also little beads but these beads dissolve so you don't have to worry about it being abrasive on your skin.
The entire back label on my bottle is in Korean so I had to google the instructions and it just says to apply all over the area you want to exfoliate and massage for about 5-7 minutes.On the right you can see all the dead skin cells collecting together which looks like eraser shaving. I only rubbed it for a little bit more than a minute.
My Routine:
First I cleanse my face and then use The Face Shop's SMART PEELING Water in Pomegranate. I try my best to use sunscreen whenever I go out now so I dont like the idea that I'm massaging my sunscreen into my face along side this product. Also because it sorta hard to remove ALL the dead skin cells I use a face loofah to remove any excess. My face feel really smooth afterwards so I like to use a leave-on mask.
Pros:
- Skin feels smooth and clean
- Gentle exfoliation that does NOT have abrasive beads
- Great for prepping face for a mask
Cons:
- Hard to wash off the dead skin cells
- Skin feels more sensitive; especially my lips so I dont use it on my lips. Also I would like everyone to remember that your lips are one of my most sensitive skin on you body besides some other places.
Verdict: 8/10
Considering the price (about $10) I think it worth it because it is a foreign (and Asian) brand. The Face Shop sells a variety of the SMART PEELING Water so I don't think I would repurchase this particular one, the pomegranate. I would probably purchase it in a different variety(?). Also this did leave my skin feeling a bit more sensitive than usual so I would tell those who have sensitive skin to be cautious.

Follow me on: tumblr | instagram
No comments:
Post a Comment