2013 just flew by for me. It didn't start out very great. My
spring semester was pretty lonely. I missed my best friend and had some issues
with my boyfriend. Part of this is my fault for taking a negative path and I
just let myself be lonely. Because I was so solitary and stubborn, I became
even more negative. It was only when my spring semester ended that I finally
felt like I could breathe. I thought that my problems would just go away but it
didn't. I was just ignoring them throughout the first quarter in the year. I
realized this by the end of my summer and decided to confront them which I did.
I wish I did it sooner because I spent so much time being negative that I could
have spent being happy.
My fall semester was great. This is because I was determined
to get out of the funk I was in the beginning of the year. I stepped out of my
default comfort zone and went out to chill with new people and experience new
things. I felt awkward at first but I always reminded myself to be positive.
This is how I met all these great people last year. This is why my 2014 resolution
is to be more open and positive. I use to be very anxious when I meet new
people. I even thought that maybe I had some sort of social anxiety (but I don’t
think it was that serious). This year I want to put my self out there. I’ll be
taking little steps but I make sure I get to my goal this year!
I hope everyone had fun celebrating the holidays and the New
Year. I did too even though it was a last minute house crash. I also want to
remind everyone that stepping out of your comfort zone is hard and intimidating
but at the end of the day you’ll be glad because you’ll gain a lot more than
you think. And you don’t have to take big steps because little steps count too!

No comments:
Post a Comment