Wednesday, March 19, 2014

FOOD: Terakawa Ramen

I met up with my best friend for some authentic ramen (or so I think). My city never really had a ramen boom like California or New York but in the recent years, Ramen shops appeared. Some came and went with bad reviews so it took me a while to debate on whether or not I want to spend about $10 on a bowl of ramen when you can get the ones that come in a bag for $1. I finally came to a decision and thought we should try it out.

 Me! In my natural state of dazed and confused. 


Got the Terakawa Signature Ramen. Didn't like it too much. I enjoyed the texture of the noodles but the broth had such an overwhelming pork taste. Note that I'm not really a fan of pork. I enjoyed it but won't order it again!
For an extra $2, you can get a side of mini-chicken curry over rice. This was pretty good. I should've ordered this instead. Or a different type of ramen!

BFF ordered a chicken-katsu curry. It came with a spring salad with a ginger dressing. I tried the dressing and I really like it but I personally like ginger so call my biased! c:

Overall, I enjoyed my visit. I would like to visit again but ordering a different type of ramen. I actually liked the ramen noodle, it was just the broth that I didn't like.  

The thing I would like to mention is that the people that work there are not Japanese and are actually Chinese. I know this because I understood what they said and I'm Chinese. But I don't think this is a reason to question their authenticity of Japanese ramen though (maybe they were taught by a japanese chef, etc.)
post signature
tumblr | instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment